What is Write_On? “Write_On is a mission driven campaign to promote joy, creativity, expression, and connection through hand-written correspondence. Inspired by Egg Press founder Tess Darrow’s challenge to write a letter daily, the campaign launched in 2014 with the entire staff of Egg Press and Hello!Lucky challenging ourselves, our friends, our families, and our fans to write 30 letters in 30 days during April, National Letter Writing Month." (from the Write_On website here)
Write_On is an initiative to encourage us humans, who get lost in a sea of technology, to take a time-out to write a letter. Not a text, not an email… A LETTER. Come spend your Sunday morning putting pen to paper, or using a vintage typewriter to write letters to those you hold dear. Be part of the Snail Mail Revolution!
Each registrant will receive:
- 6 letterpress printed cards with designs from Egg Press & Hello!Lucky
- 6 custom printed envelopes with a Write_On message on the back
- 1 sheet of Write_On stickers
- 1 color-coordinated Gelly Roll pen
- 1 sheet to track your letters - 30 spots for all 30 days of the Write_On Challenge!
- A pack of unused vintage stamps to mail one letter within Canada
- A London Fields Shoppe pencil and eraser
- Washi tape sampler that coordinates with your kit
- Entry to win Write_On goodies (enamel pin, tote bag and calendar)
- Retail value of $48.00+
What you can expect:
- Fantabulousness of course :)
- Vintage typewriters for you to use if you choose to type.
- A washi tape station to decorate your cards or envelopes.
- A 'Stamp-It-Baby' station with rubber stamps to embellish your letters and envelopes.
- Letter writing reference material for inspiration.
- Light refreshments and treats to keep you fuelled while writing.
- 15% discount at London Fields Shoppe during the workshop (some exceptions apply).
Sunday, April 9th, 2017
10:00am to 12:00pm
London Fields Shoppe, 692 East Hastings Street (at Heatley) in Vancouver
Cost: $25.00 plus tax ($5 go to The Vancouver Writers' Exchange that helps inner-city kids get excited about reading and writing)
note: Workshop + special events are a final sale and are non-refundable. Class dates / times are non-transferable.
images 1, 3 via Write_On // image 2 via The Anthropology of Giving